1 & ½ container (6cups) of original rice milk
1 cup white wine
1 carrot or ½ cup diced
1 stalk celery or ½ cup diced
1tbs minced garlic
¼ large white onion, diced
6 ears of sweet corn or 4 cups
20 small fingerling potatoes or 4 cups sliced
1lb shrimp cut up into chunks
2tbs whole-wheat flour
1 ¼ tsp paprika
1tsp low sodium sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 large bunch of fresh chives
- Peel and devein shrimp. Save shells.
- In a pot add shells and rice milk together and cook on medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot melt the butter at medium-high heat and add the flour to create a roux.
- Add diced carrot, celery, onion, and garlic to the roux and cook for about five minutes or until veggies begin to soften and lightly brown.
- Add the white wine, potatoes, and corn to the pot and incorporate thoroughly. Cook for five more minutes until potatoes begin to lightly soften.
- Strain shells out of the shrimp stock and add the rice milk to the large pot with veggies.
- Cook for about 20 minutes on medium until potatoes are soft.
- Add shrimp and gently stir together.
- Add spices and incorporate thoroughly.
Serve and enjoy.